Traffic Disruption

villa 1

Has anyone information on the proposed traffic disruption/protest that is supposed to occur on sunday morning on the M7 motorway between Portlaoise and Dublin? If this protest happens will it mean huge delays for the 20-30,000 cork supporters travelling up for the All-Ireland?:mad:

It's the Croke Park Residents Association who are threatening this, it's to do with the redevelopement by the GAA of the handball and community centre at the back of the Cusack stand. Seemingly they are picking on Cork because Christy Cooney is from there.

There's a thread running on the Hogan Stand website which will give you more information
http://www.hoganstand.com/forum/MessagePage.aspx?PageNumber=0&TopicID=55780

best to listen for the AA roadwatch updates, might want to consider going up the coast road as well. Hopefully the guards won't put up with it.

Dubs traveling outside the M50, what ever next?:rolleyes:

Has anyone information on the proposed traffic disruption/protest that is supposed to occur on sunday morning on the M7 motorway between Portlaoise and Dublin? If this protest happens will it mean huge delays for the 20-30,000 cork supporters travelling up for the All-Ireland?:mad:

I'm no GAA fan, but I would imagine this could get physical very quickly if the Rebels can't get to Croker.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/...cork-final-day-traffic-in-protest-130527.html

More here, love the fact that the chairman of the residents association is a Tipp man, why weren't they protesting 2 weeks ago?

Or if they are really annoyed at Christy Cooney, why not protest outside FAS and stop them from doing things. Oh Yeah, just dawned on me if they did that, would anyone know the difference?:D

They won't stop the Rebel Army marching on from the People's Republic !!

Look on the bright side - if all the croke park locals are off driving around the country, more parking spots in Drumcondra for all the Down fans

Nope, they'll be putting out wheelie bins and traffic cones to reserve "their" space on the public road, no extra parking spaces.

The handball centre is being redeveloped. Providing jobs for the area and an even better facility. I would have thought it would be popular but it's the opposite for some reason

I used to live beside Croke Park, the residents associations (there were 11) have points at times but can be hysterical at other times

After the floodlights were being installed and the Dublin vs Tyrone night game was announced one group said it was breach of Human Rights, something to do with freedom of movement :rolleyes:

It's true the GAA used to give free tickets. They were handed to the committees and wouldn't you know, the family and friends of the organizers got the tickets. They rarely trickled down.
Selling the tickets was a source of income for some

Nowadays you register your name and address with Croke Park and you enter a raffle.
Tickets can be purchased as there is an allocation set aside and you may win free concert tickets.
Nepotism, favouritism and corruption are all strong words but it went on for years in these associations. If you're not related or buddies to the chairperson then good luck getting anything

Agree with you there micmclo, I also used to live in that area and the residents associations can be down right hysterical

I myself and I can imagine many thousands of cork fans will blow their head gaskets if we are held up by these "muppets". This match is the last of many that I have travelled to (at much expense) this year and I do not want to be held up on a public highway by these people. We have paid towards the construction of these roads and are paying to travel on them. Could you imagine if they tried this on the M1 motorway down from the north (Down):mad: C'mon de rebels:)

Back