Traditional Halloween Games Please.

Drakon

There’ll be no trick or treating for the kids this year so all our shenanigans will be within the four walls. Pity, as it’s falling over a weekend too.

I’m trying to recall the Halloween games of my youth.
Snap apple springs to mind. And “bobbing for apples”, is that what it’s called (grabbing apples with your teeth from a basin of water)?
There was one my mother hated. A mound of flour with a cherry on top. You’d take turns to slice the flour away, eventually causing the cherry to fall. Then person to cause that shoved their head in the flour, as I recall.

Not just for Halloween, but seems like it would be fun to play especially at that time is some form of flashlight tag or hide and seek.

I remember playing some form of this... pre Celtic Tiger :)

Here is one :
Someone leave a bottle of wine on my doorstep and i will try to guess who it was :D Look at the fun that Ill have ..

Alas, that’ll breach the LwC19 L5 restrictions.
Unless you’ve a grave by your doorstep?

Who said anything about faking?
I thought we were in Halloween mode...
Plus I would never advocate someone evade the L5 restrictions by visiting a fake grave.
Quite right too.
Of course you should bury someone who actually died from Covid in said grave as we all love a touch of irony and what better than using Covid to avoid Covid restrictions.
Get the consent of the soon-to-be corpse before they die and make sure they are fully buried and not is a comical halloween pose as anything else would be in bad taste.

Quite right too.
Of course you should bury someone who actually died from Covid in said grave as we all love a touch of irony and what better than using Covid to avoid Covid restrictions.
Get the consent of the soon-to-be corpse before they die and make sure they are fully buried and not is a comical halloween pose as anything else would be in bad taste.

That seems like too much work for a cold October night at my age!

My traditional Halloween entertainment now is watching some of these Haunted History documentaries from Youtube.
I like the way they are a mix of history, and the ghost stories that people tell about a place rather than those hokey shakey cams in a dark room that seems pervasive these days. Great narration by actor John Glover, who was an excellent Lucifer in Brimstone.

I note that the last one, the barm brack, has not listed the matchstick.
Cancel culture in these PC times, I s’pose.

I note that the last one, the barm brack, has not listed the matchstick.
Cancel culture in these PC times, I s’pose.

I explained the concept of barm brack to a non Irish friend... she was horrified... are they trying to kill people was her reaction!

Ok people forget barm brack and the likes I said wine, of any colour I am not that fussy but am partial to red . Only a few days to go so concentrate ;)

Back