tradingpost appliances

sloggi

sorry bout the new thread on this subject. only heard of this site http://www.tradingpost-appliances.co.uk/ because of AAM but just wondering if anyone has any experiences of using them. thinking about buying a range and the one i want (britannia) is aprox 100% cheaper on this site

Much obliged

S

Wow just checked out that site, and we will be buying lots of appliances (fingers crossed) quite soon. I can't believe its only 110E to get up to 4 appliances shipped to Ireland. Dying to see if anyone has bought from them.

Bought from them and their service was fantastic.Delivery time was 5 weeks as promised.They will put your appliances wherever you tell them.These guys even have a GPS in a van so they can find you fast.

Thats great to know Deniz. I haven't heard of Baumatic though and they seem to feature a lot on the site. Some deals are great, and others would compare with the likes of DID.

This might be a stupid question but our new house is due to provide for integrated appliances. How does this work? All I can see in one of the completed units is gaps where the dishwasher, washing machine and oven go. Do they give you door covers after you buy your appliances??? Sorry if this is a stupid thing to ask but I'm afraid of ordering from that website and ordering the wrong stuff...

lmd said:
This might be a stupid question but our new house is due to provide for integrated appliances. How does this work? All I can see in one of the completed units is gaps where the dishwasher, washing machine and oven go. Do they give you door covers after you buy your appliances??? Sorry if this is a stupid thing to ask but I'm afraid of ordering from that website and ordering the wrong stuff...

I recommend asking "them"! You'd also need to know if they are fully integratged or semi integrated!!

deniz said:
Bought from them and their service was fantastic.Delivery time was 5 weeks as promised.They will put your appliances wherever you tell them.These guys even have a GPS in a van so they can find you fast.

you mean someone comes with your appliances?? I took delivery to mean that they'll send in a container to you and you get it fitted yourself!

Nope. What I mean is that when they delivered appliances in the house, they have put them where you tell them. Guys from B&Q did not bothered at all even when I insisted to move things away from the fridge doors.

Of course you need to fit it yourself.

We were going to use Trading Post, but found that we got very good deals from West & Gardiner in Dublin (Discount Electrical's Clery's branch) - we got €100 off list price of both hob and oven (De Dietrich). And they're having a sale on at the moment, so it might be worth checking them out...

My brother bought a range from these guys, they delivered on time and it was about 1K cheaper than any price he got here, it was actually staff from tradingpost that delivered it, they called him the day before and arranged an approx time for delivery the next morning.

thanks for the replies guys! all very informative!! I agree that for some appliances is not worth the exchange rate to got the trading appliances route but I've been quoted €2.5K for a britannia range cooker (90cm all electric if you're interested) compared to €4+ with discount electricial!! good to see a good service is provided by an on-line company....i'm always a bit dubious about on-line companies which might send you something, it arrives in bits, and they blame delivery company and leave you stewing!!

Thanks again!

Back