Trading in your Qashqai

roy123

Has anyone tried trading in their Qashqai yet, I was just wondering how they are holding their value. Looking at carzone etc shows hi prices for 07's and 08's, but what the dealer gives you for it is a different story. I have an 07 1.5dCi SE with 28,000km and am seriously considering the new Qashqai +2 (7seats) due to growing family. Just curious has anyone approached a dealer about trading in a QQ lately????

I'd imagine trade ins will be thin on the ground as yet since people found them very hard to source in 2007 (though they're everywhere now) and they're not exactly a high rollers machine so you'd expect buyers to be holding them for 2 years at the very least unless they have a particular reason to change (like yourself).

And unfortunatley due to John "Gormless" Gormley of the FF/Greens changes to CO2 emissions based taxation and VRT levels the value of your 2007 diesel because it was registered in 2007 will be worth a lot less for a trade in.

BAsically the exact same diesel bought after July08 will be cheaper to buy because it has less co2's resulting in lower VRT.

You bought yours in 2007 at the higher VRT rate, your trade in has been reduced.

HAve a read of this [broken link removed]

Post July the list price of a Diesel will fall approx €2000 so used value will be hit by around €1000, hopefully no more.