Trading 212 warning to start trading

Blackrock1

Anyone else got this.

It's been six months since your last trade. You need to have trading activity on your account to maintain a balance between earning interest and trading

Anyone else got this.

It's been six months since your last trade. You need to have trading activity on your account to maintain a balance between earning interest and trading
Yes, part of their conditions for receiving 4% interest is that you complete at least one trade. I am not sure to what value the trade must be.

I never got that notification. I did some trial €1 share trades since opening the account in January. . . so maybe that's why?

Anyone else got this.

Yeah, the condition is noted in the best buys that you have to trade at least once every 6 months to continue to receive the 4.2% interest.

Anyone since found the conditions eg how much trading has to be done to hold the 4.2% interest rate?

This requirement has been removed in their latest t&c update:

Deleted section 14.3. To ensure that we act within the scope of our regulatory permissions, in order to be eligible to receive interest on Uninvested Money in accordance with this Clause 14, you must actively engage in trading activities through your Account with us. For Accounts that are not actively trading, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to suspend any interest payment to you with immediate effect and we will notify you.​

Last edited:
Is the same applicable to Trade Republic?
I have been with them for nearly a year and no mention of this so far

Back