Trading 02 Corolla for 07 Corolla (saloons)

widescreen

Hi folks.

I am going through that will I,won't I trade in the car phase at the moment! I have an 02 Corolla saloon(old model) with 60,000 mls in perfect condition and have the toyota 6cd changer in the dash and the cassette is still in situ. My annual mileage is only around 8,000 mls.Thinking of trading up to 07 Corolla at least. Can anyone speculate what I am likely to have to pay with my own car to come up to an 07. There are a couple with 15,000 mls on for sale in my area.

thanks!

Just bought a 02 Corolla saloon for my dad and paid €5.5k from the dealer with 12months warranty and its a Luna model. They were hard to find so try selling private...you could get lucky

A friend offered me an 04 Corolla for 7k. At the auctions you can pick them up very cheaply, I saw an 06 for 7k three weeks ago.

A lot of car dealers won't take a trade in as they can't shift them. Try to sell it privately.

Just called to a dealer. He offered me an 07 Corolla saloon , 1 Owner, 15,000 mls and will not go a cent below €11k plus my own.He will,though,fit an alarm into the car for me. This car checks out perfect with the previous owner and is immaculate. Trade in price seems to range from 9.5 k to 13k dependant on dealer or condition/mileage. Not sure if to stick with Corolla or not.Would prefer to trade if possible for convenience and less hassle etc.

I am thinking maybe I should think of another brand of car. Anyone switched to KIA lately? they seem to have all the bells/whistles,even USB connector.

Its amazing the way you get convinced that one particular brand of car is the best! Its hard then to convince yourself to change over!

Anyone got good news stories on changing successfully from , say Toyota , to other less famed brands of cars?

Hi widescreen did you get my pm, was it there you rang? I told you 07 about 12k and about 4k for yours , obviously depending on your man seeing the car. try and go into your pms

Hi widescreen did you get my pm, was it there you rang? I told you 07 about 12k and about 4k for yours , obviously depending on your man seeing the car. try and go into your pms

Sorry jamieb, relative newcomer to this site, so hadn't checked my PM's

No it wasn't there I rang , so it looks like the price I got may be competitive enough assuming that you meant the price was 16k, 4 for mine and 12k for me to pay??

thanks

Sorry in work - only logging in and out. Em no, said sold 07 last week for 12k and asked what would yours be worth and he said depending on seeing it - would be about 4k tops, but you know if its a real cracker and mint you never know etc. As I said you are friend of friend, So if you call him just say a friend of a friend and when you mention 02 corolla etc he will remember the call!! Good Luck

Widescreen, I purchased a KIA Rio saloon due to second child (needed more room) late last year. Have a fiesta(new one each year always a year old except one year changed to peug 206 "Hairdryer we called it" for few months). Had priced focus and mondeo, couldn't justify the price wanted between €5500 and €7000 to go up one year and larger car.

Paid €2600 for KIA Rio with my own fiesta. Deadly looking black, never got the fiesta to shine as this one. Powerful etc. Only things i dislike is turn on the heat and ACon comes on automatically and no back screen wiper and a sony stereo just stuck in.

Have a cousin who works for a Ford Garage as a mecanic (no never bought off his garage) and he told us at end of last year they became a KIA dealer as their cars flying out the door, Fords just too expensive.

thats interesting. a rep who calls to us arrived in a Kia estate last week(Cees)I think. They had gone to Kia from Ford focus's,however,he has noticed the fuel economy is much worse on the KIA, Maybe thats the drawback??