Trade Republic Savings Plans

Re bid and ask spread and sale fee are you referring to an actual nominal fee or a spread difference (difference between what one is quoted before and what the sale price was actually after ?) at the time of sale?
All brokers will sell at one price and buy at another, that difference is one of the ways they make their money. Some spreads are bigger than others. I'd say revolut and trade republics spread would be bigger than most. Basically if you bought a stock and tried to sell it immediately, assuming a static market, you would lose money.

Do you use an online broker? Would there be others you'd recommend in terms of spread?

Have you considered Trading212 pies? You would have one plan with set weights for each stock, and you can set it up so each month your investment would go in to only buy the stocks furthest below their target weights.
I have had a look at them but didn't understand them yet. I have over 300eur in Trading 212 but haven't invested the cash yet. I was going to buy the Finnish company Neste but they only have the ADR stock.

I do use them, and think they are great for allowing access to the average punter. You'd need to be trading much bigger amounts to get better spreads, but in the online world, not sure how you would even compare the spreads to be honest. Rule of thumb for me would be the smaller the trade they allow, the bigger the spread I'd assume, but don't take that as gospel

My monthly investment amount is only just under 150 at the moment.