Trade in Value 2003 Ford Focus

andrew1977

Hi

Does anyone know where i can get the approximate price garages offer on a trade in?
In the next week or so i am looking to trade in my 5 door 1.4 Ford Focus ,03 reg with 42,000 miles on it

Would anyone be able to suggest a ball park trade in value.I am looking to upgrade , not to a Ford and would be looking to spend around 4k in the garage which i trade in

Any advice on the price i should expect as a trade in would be appreciated

Got this from CBG.IE

Average Price for 2003 Ford Focus - 4 Dr in Ireland: €13,882

thanks for that ,i presume then the dealer will be looking to knock 2k or thereabouts off the value to ensure resale value for them on my trade in

I would be guessing the same, just shop around a few garages and you'll get a good idea of what you'll get for it.

www.revenue.ie and the VRT calculator has it valued at €11925, if its a 1.4LX. The revenue site gives the average price of the car (OTR price) actually obtained from dealers, the CBG.ie price is the average of what people are asking, this tends to be way off the make as a lot of people over value their cars. I would put faith in the revenue figure as the value of the car.

Got this from CBG.IE
Average Price for 2003 Ford Focus - 4 Dr in Ireland: €13,882

I have always found that the average on CBG is a (very ?) high average.
CBG ads are mainly from dealers, so this average is a dealer average retail price... i would say €3k or €4k above what they would give you for trade-in

fyi, My brother just got an '04 1.6 3DR with tiny miles for 13k. Garage had it up for 15k, with 2k scrappage, but gave the 2k discount anyway, even though he wasn't trading anyting against it.

but gave the 2k discount anyway,

2k 'scrappage' doesn't mean anything. Do car dealers really think that people believe this mullarkey? - paying 3k for a car with badgers living in the boot etc

2k 'scrappage' doesn't mean anything. Do car dealers really think that people believe this mullarkey? - paying 3k for a car with badgers living in the boot etc

I agree; I was the one to tell him to get the 2k off either way, or else walk away. He figured the garage would never bite. The car was cheap to begin with. They nearly bit his hand off

Only a fool pays sticker.

Could you provide a direct link to that - i have looked up revenue.ie and think i might be in the right area but not sure.

Also i am not sure what your statement above means - is this the average price a particular type of car is bought/sold for? Does it include the discount on trade-ins? If so would a reasonably good estimate of what you should be paying for a car be half way between the price from revenue.ie and an average on prices on cbg.ie, carzone.ie etc?

Sorry for the confusion,
WB