Trade in prices for Peugeot against Toyota

MandaC

Was considering trading my September 2004 Peugeot 307 with 30,000 miles on the clock. Originally going to get a Golf Tdi, or Audi A3, but have recently come around to the thinking that I am not really that interested in cars any more and just want something that will be cheap to run and not lose a lot of money through depreciation.

Went out yesterday with the intention of looking at a Toyota Auris (which I liked) and went out for a test drive in a Toyota Yaris and quite liked it.

There are a number of ex-lease Yaris in various garages with about 8,000-`000 mls on the clock. I know some people dont have great opinions about ex-lease cars, so am looking for someone in the trade who knows.

There is a saving of about 1,500 off the list price of the new Yaris for the ex lease models. Is this fair enough. They are offering me €9K trade in value for my 3 door 307. Its a decent spec. 307, colour coded bumpers, spoiler, chrome trim, alloy wheels, aircon

When I had the Peugeot two weeks, I dented the back right had panel over the rear wheel arch and had to have it repaired when I turned too tight into a city centre car park. Do I tell the garages when they are looking at the car?

Back