Tracks not on iTunes

Randy

Hi can anyone recommend which music download site to use in search of tunes apparently not available on iTunes site? Also will I be able to use tracks downloaded from non iTunes sites on my iPod???

Bit of a download virgin I'm afraid!

I use gomusic.ru and allofmp3.com. An average album on these sites can cost anywhere between 1 and 2 US dollars. Apple itunes site is a complete rip-off in my opinion! You can download from these no problem onto ipod or any other site where the music is in mp3 format or aac format.

I use gomusic.ru and allofmp3.com. An average album on these sites can cost anywhere between 1 and 2 US dollars. Apple itunes site is a complete rip-off in my opinion! You can download from these no problem onto ipod or any other site where the music is in mp3 format or aac format.
I use allofmp3.com too but don't delude yourself into thinking that iTunes is simply a rip-off. They are paying the artists for the their work, you, I and allofmp3 are in effect stealing the music.

To answer your other question ,yes, your iPod will play all major audio formats, and you're not restricted to iTunes purchases.

www.emusic.com are good for the more eclectic stuff but lack a lot of the mainstream - they have no deals with the major record companies. www.allofmp3.com look like they are about to be cut off by Visa and the other major credit cards at the behest of the record industry according to news reports today.

I suppose anything that is not free can be considered a rip-off, if you are of that mindset. :p

Now, excuse me while I go shopping in town, looking for the "100% Discount" stickers in the shop windows. ;)

(Seriously, though, you can get a list of alternative music stores here.)

Back