Tracking down shares

rockofages

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes.

A family member died 7 years ago. He had shares in Diageo (traded on the LSE I believe) which I am now trying to track down.

The solicitor who was the executor is not returning my calls or answering my letters.

I have various reference numbers etc, but no share cert.

Where do I start in tracking down these shares?

Thanks.

Find who the Company Registrars are and write to them explaining your dilemma. They might probably only answer the Executor of the Will in this case. The particular Registrars will be on the company Website and in their Annual Report.

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes.

A family member died 7 years ago. He had shares in Diageo (traded on the LSE I believe) which I am now trying to track down.

The solicitor who was the executor is not returning my calls or answering my letters.

I have various reference numbers etc, but no share cert.

Where do I start in tracking down these shares?

Thanks.

If there are shares in Diageo then there are two dividends paid each year. Where are these dividends going to? This should at least tell you the number of shares that are held.
Are there notifications of AGM's etc being sent?

Diageo share register is maintained by Capita Registrars. Have a look at this link, which may have the information you need to start your search.

[broken link removed]

im looking to find lost shares i had some years ago.. can anyone tell me where to start ?? i get communication from 1 company but have no idea what happened the other two...

im looking to find lost shares i had some years ago.. can anyone tell me where to start ?? i get communication from 1 company but have no idea what happened the other two...

Post the names of the companies here. Others may be able to tell you where to look.

thanks.... the 3 companies were redstone telecom, eircom , vodafone...

Back