Tracker Terminology

walshey

Hi There,

I recently came off a two year fixed (5.2%) back to a tracker, which is ecb+.8%, so I am well pelased with the savings.

I had to ring the bank about going back onto the tracker rate, initally they were trying to tell me that there must be some mistake that I could not go on tracker, but I told them I had it in black in white that the special terms and conditions stated I could go to tracker +.8% above ECB, in tthe end I got the tracker, but I have a qestion about the following, can someone please explain what this means

Home Loan - Tracker <80% <500K ECB+0.80%

I understand the ECB+0.80% part, but can someone explain to me what Tracker <80% <500K means

Thanks

Walshey

Tracker <80% <500K means:

- the mortgage outstanding is less than 80% of the current value of your home (<80%)
and
- that the mortgage amount is less than 500k (<500k) (edited)

[broken link removed]

Last edited:
Thanks,

So say for example, my current mortgage is 310k, does this mean that as long as the house is valued between 385k and 500k, I am keeping within the terms and conditions of the Tracker <80% <500K.

Also What would happen if the house was valued over 500k

I would reckon that the <500k relates to the loan amount being less than €500k.

This would probably have been the original qualifying criteria for that particular tracker rate.

I would reckon that the <500k relates to the loan amount being less than €500k.

This would probably have been the original qualifying criteria for that particular tracker rate.

Totally correct Quest, just back from holidays, brain not working properly yet. :eek:

Hi There,

I had to ring the bank about going back onto the tracker rate, initally they were trying to tell me that there must be some mistake that I could not go on tracker, but I told them I had it in black in white that the special terms and conditions stated I could go to tracker +.8% above ECB

Walshey

Hi Walshey,

Which bank are you with? I had a similar experience.

So to clarify, as long as my mortgage is 80% or less of the current value of my home, then I am within the guidelines for the tracker yes ??

I am with PTSB Paulk, the tracker was written in the terms and conditions

Norfbank, hope it was a good holiday!!

Walshey, I would think that this criteria is only relevant when you are initially drawing down your mortgage to qualify for the tracker. It is very unlikely that they would review your Loan to Value etc, only possibly if you were looking to release equity/top up.

Thanks Guys, for all your feedback

I hear alot of speculitive talk around Trackers at the moment, so I just wanted to be sure about the terminology around my own tracker.

Thanks again

Walshey

Back