Tracker Mortgage Redress & Separated Couples

Belle86

Anyone know what can I do with my situation.Had a tracker mortgage with my ex husband when we first took out mortgage.I paid half of the monthly mortgage repayment every month for 9 years. 7 years into the mortgage we split up and I continued to pay the mortgage as I did not want to affect my credit rating. The mortgage was eventually put in his name. I have learned now that he has received redress from the bank. I was never informed by the bank about the redress and have not received anything.i have contacted a solicitor who said I was entitled to half of the refund but this solicitor isn't doing much in terms of getting me the refund.i have contacted the bank who dont want to listen to me either. There has to be other couples in this situation.Am I entitled to the refund and should I be looking for the tracker rate as this is classified as an asset?Just to add we have been separated judicially

He took over the mortgage and extended the term to make it more affordable for him.Yes I got a small sum from him

Back