Track and trace breakdown?

Now that golf is gone my fan club is in major trouble..

Last edited:
Once you have been deemed a close contact you have to self isolate for 2 weeks no matter if you test negative or not. Being considered a close contact is a tough call. So no wonder the HSE likes to decide. Asking those who are Covid + to let their close contacts know this must be terrible if they are feeling unwell themselves or are placing an unwelcome burden on a contact etc.

My friends 19 yr old contracted Covid about 3 weeks ago. So she was confined to her bedroom, but the rest of the family, mother, father, siblings all had to self isolate for 2 weeks from date of result. The kid with Covid only had to self isolate for 10 days post test, so she was free from her bedroom, and free to go back to college, 4 days before the rest of her family, who missed work, school, university etc. It was really hard for them, their work places were not appreciative or sympathetic about the news. They all had to be tested twice and luckily none came down with it.

It was really hard for them, their work places were not appreciative or sympathetic about the news. They all had to be tested twice and luckily none came down with it.
I don't get that from employers. It's better to have someone out for 2 weeks than risk the whole place being closed down.

I think many employers are not very happy at all to have staff out and are perhaps helping to spread the virus.

It has just come home to roost with us. My 21 yr old has a friend who works part time in a retail chain setting. Her co-worker came to work ill and subsequently tested positive. My 21yr old‘a friend was very concerned but the company told the co-worker not to list any of her co-workers as close contacts as they were all wearing masks. My 21 yr’s old friend was so concerned she organised for a private test and has been found positive this evening. I would say that employer has a lot to answer for, thinking that wearing a mask is the first line of defence and then putting a young employee under pressure not to list co-workers as close contacts.

My 21yr old‘a friend was very concerned but the company told the co-worker not to list any of her co-workers as close contacts as they were all wearing masks.

That employer could potentially be held liable for any other staff contracting the virus. Instructing a staff member to lie to the authorities is a failure in their duty of care to their staff.

That employer could potentially be held liable for any other staff contracting the virus. Instructing a staff member to lie to the authorities is a failure in their duty of care to their staff.
It would be good to have a mechanism to make the employer criminally liable in such a circumstance.

It would be good to have a mechanism to make the employer criminally liable in such a circumstance.

Yeah, the Attorney General suggested earlier in the year that people hosting groups in their homes could be liable is someone visiting their home contracted it. Hard to imagine similar wouldn't apply in a workplace where it might be seen as a more serious matter given the requirements for employers to provide a safe working environment.

Yeah, the Attorney General suggested earlier in the year that people hosting groups in their homes could be liable is someone visiting their home contracted it. Hard to imagine similar wouldn't apply in a workplace where it might be seen as a more serious matter given the requirements for employers to provide a safe working environment.
Seems crazy that any employer could be that stupid.

Back