TR1 form -fill in the blanks

HelpIRL

Hey can some one advice me what to answer on the TR1 FORM,

I want to register for VAT as a soletrader and I will be supplying goods and services to other businesses.

Q17

To what date will the annual accounts be made up? will i put a date a year from now??

Q27

Are you applying for the moneys received basis of accounting for goods and services ? and if you answer YES you have to tick one of these boxes,

(A) because expected annual turnover will be less than a €1,000,000,

or

(B) at east 90% of your expected annaul turnover will come from supplying goods and services to persons who are are not registered

Do i answer No to Q27 or answer Yes and Tick BOX A

Thanks in advance.

Re: TR1 FORM Fill in the blanks

Q17 - if you are commencing now I'd generally put the end of the month nearest 12 months from commencement. However depending on that, it could fall in the middle of a VAT period and for ease of bookkeeping using the end of the nearest period might be better. 31/07/09 would be nearest month end but falls part through a VAT period . 30/06/09 and 31/08/09 would both fall on VAT period ends.

Q27 - If turnover is expected to be less than €1M then you can specify YES to Q27 and select (A) regardless of whether sales are to other businesses or the public. If turnover is expected to be more than €1M then you cannot select (A) unless 90% of sales are to the general public/non-vat registered persons.

Re: TR1 FORM Fill in the blanks

Thanks Graham

I want get the form sent and not have to pay an accountant just yet!!