Toys for Big Boys

M

Monsieur Bond

Did anyone bother to go to this?

€14.50 for tickets to an Ideal Homes style conference?

Was it worth the money?

Went but was NOT worth the money.
A lot of PDA'S, IPOD stands but not many with LCD OR PLASMA TV's, DVD recorders etc
Mostly Pool tables, Spas, home bars, stands with helicopters, swanky cars, model racing cars and flying saucers.
Best stand was the new handheld console "Gizmondo", but not for the product, if you were there you'd know what I meant!

I'm guessing that many attendees at stuff like this are on 'freebie' tickets (like the ones I got for the Art Fair at the RDS on the previous weekend).

I'm guessing that many attendees at stuff like this are on 'freebie' tickets (like the ones I got for the Art Fair at the RDS on the previous weekend).

Unfortunately, I had a free ticket myself but it was only valid for Fri or Saturday, and I had plans for both days, so didn't use it!

(Should have offered it to AAM users had I thought about it in time...)

They were also handing out "concession" to the value of €4 of the €14 cover price in town on Grafton St on Saturday.

Boyz

Best stand was the new handheld console "Gizmondo", but not for the product, if you were there you'd know what I meant!

I'm a real wildlife fan! Sorry I missed the ladybirds!

I'll just have to make do with Dublin Zoo as usual next weekend.

Is there anybody going this year? I'm considering going up to Dublin on Saturday and I'm wondering if it's worth the trip up.

Go up teh morning it opens when all the cute babes are on duty on the stands for the photographers and the boys . They will only be there the first morning though.

After lunch on day one forget about the talent and concentrate on the hardware.

etel said:
Go up teh morning it opens when all the cute babes are on duty on the stands for the photographers and the boys . They will only be there the first morning though.
As Brian Potter in [broken link removed] once asked of a particularly geeky Robot Wars "roboteer" - "Have you ever kissed a girl?".

etel said:

After lunch on day one forget about the talent and concentrate on the hardware.

Well, I had a free VIP pass this year, valid for yesterday only (i.e. before it was open to the general public). There were some interesting stands - new Sony Walkman, new Nokia N91 on display, some nice looking cars and some nice looking dolly birds - look out for the Lastminute.com girls and the Sony PVC girls!

The scale model Hummers were doing a brisk trade for some reason.

While I took away some interesting brochures, my overall impression was that it is a bit pricey for what it is - if you have to pay in, that is.

There the last two years,not worth the hassle or money,grafton street is just as good for the scenery.

There was a full-page ad for it in Metro yesterday, with a tag-line in Polish. I thought it noteworthy and showed it to a couple of people. One remarked that there should be one in Chinese cos surely the Chinese community in Dublin outnumbered the Poles.

In this morning's Metro, the same ad had 2 tag-lines; one Polish and one Chinese.

This city sure is changing.