Toyota Yaris - Where to get my Radio Fixed?

Swimmer1

Hi All

I have a 2001 Toyota Yaris. My radio has not worked properly since I went through a car wash about 2 months ago. I had taken the arial off at the time and the radio worked directly after the wash. It wasn't until the next day that the reception became very fuzzy.

Any ideas on where I might bring it to be fixed? I am lost without it!

Thanks

the radio went on my yaris a while back I had to go to toyota dealer to get it fixed as it is a manufacturer own radio. It cost me a fair whack too! But didn't have a problem since.

Hi Swimmer,

Exact same thing happened to me in a 2000 Yaris. Brought it back to where i bought it and was told it couldn't be fixed and was quoted €700 to get it replaced. Initially i though the entire radio was broken but it turned out that it was only the fm radio that wasn't working and i can still get RTE 1 on medium wave which isn't ideal but i can live with it.

I also ended up getting a mobile phone with radio on it as RTE play a lot of rubbish in the evenings.

Caoimhe

it didn't cost me €700 to get it fixed more like €200 so see what the toyota guys say - got mine done in caroll and kinsella in harolds X.

Had same problem with other halfs '00 yaris-seemingly it's common.After a bit of research got a guy in Kildare (I'm based there) I found in Goldenpages to fit a panasonic radio/cd player in the empty slot above the ash-tray. Fitted lovely, took 10 min. Cheapest option-around €150. He said he had done it plenty of times. Backing lights matched those of car.Sure any car radio guy can do it.

This is a known problem with the Yaris radios. Happened my mother, I checked into it on the WWW and once I discovered that it was a design flaw, told her to go dealer and Demand it be fixed.
After a bit of persuasion they eventually replaced radio for free even though car was out of warrenty.

Back