Toyota Yaris question

yygaurav

Hi All

I bought a Toyota Yaris automatic (2008 model) in March 2011. At that start I didn't notice the problem with the automatic gearbox but now I feel it is not working right. SO I would like to ask anybody else in this forum if he/she is also having the same problem with the automatic gear box so should I get it checked out.

1. The biggest problem I have is that its automatic gearbox is very jurky when I am going very slow (for example when you are in traffic or would like to go slow)
2. When the speed of the car drops to 20 km per hour it automatically changes the gear to 1st and when I put my feet on accelerator it then makes a loud sound and feels very uncomfotable.
3. Even if I switch to manual mode it is not possible to go to second gear unless the speed of the car is more then 20 miles per hour.

Let me know if this sounds right.

This is different jurisdiction, but there are 11 pages of posts on this subject.

I think you will need to do more research to try to zero in on this, but a visit to a garage might be useful.

Also I strongly suggest you talk to other Toyota users and get a drive in their cars.

Best of all, could I suggest you go to a Toyota dealers and ask for a text drive in a new Yaris and compare.

Hope this helps.

ONQ.

Back