Toyota Warranty Period

roker

Has anyone seen the TV adverts for Toyota’s new 5 year warranty? Don’t be fooled, apparently this is for UK only. Ireland still has a 3 year warranty. Does this mean that the inferior cars will now be exported to Ireland?

Toyota will loose alot of customers unless they bring in the 5yr warranty here, I for one won't buy another toyota unless it comes with a 5yr warranty, why should our friends across the pond be any different to us.

Typical, Ireland gets left behind once again.

Has anyone seen the TV adverts for Toyota’s new 5 year warranty? Don’t be fooled, apparently this is for UK only. ...
Why would we be fooled by ads for UK audiences on UK TV channels, unless of course we're fools to begin with?

Toyota Ireland still advertises their 3 year/100,000 kms mechanical warranty in Ireland (3 years on paintwork, 12 years anti-corrosion) and as far as I can establish are not trying to fool anyone.

The point still stands that they may send their lower quality grade to Ireland first, because they do not have to last as long.

... that they may send their lower quality grade to Ireland first, because they do not have to last as long.
For decades Toyota has sent cars with test drivers and automotive engineers to drive around Irish roads and adjust the suspensions etc to suit local conditions. This was to optimise the comfort and longevity of their Irish cars. AFAIK Toyota is the only motor manufacturer to do this.

Toyota has had to offer five year warranty to catch up with Kia seven years. Mitsubishi also tune their cars to Irish roads.
I am not sure about the car industry, but in the electronics TV etc, the quality was grade by letters ("A" "B" "C" and so on) there is no such thing as good and bad. So the best quality would go to the largest market.
My Toyota has had a HP pipe failure on the AC system after 45,000 mile I can see it is bad manufacture, but it cost me €400 to fix it, if it was a 5 year warranty it would be Toyota's problem.

Toyota do have a so called secret 7 year warrant on some VVTi engines because of excessive oil consumption