Toyota revs to about 2500RPM when turn ignition

antomack

I bought a new 1.4L Toyota Corolla about 6 weeks ago and one thing I've noticed is that when starting up first thing each day the RPM goes up to about 2500 when you turn the ignition. My previous car was a 1.2L Polo and the revs didn't go near as high on ignition.

I have asked the dealership about this and they say it is normal, due to an automatic choke in all Toyota's since 2004. Anyone know if this is true or are there other Toyota drivers who experience the same.

Could you be more specific,does it stay ay 2500 rpm for long.Automatic choke went out with the flood.Ask the dealer to start another car for you and see does it do the same thing.The engine will race on initial startup but should be at approx 1100 rpm by the time you go to put it in gear and at normal(850-900rpm) in five to ten mins depending on ambient temp.

I've the same problem with mine, i bought mine in January. My friend also has one and it's the same with hers - the dealer told her this happens to all of them and even brought her around to the few he had in stock to prove it. Im not sure it's since the 2004 model though, i had 05 corolla last year and it usen't rev up.

I have asked the dealership about this and they say it is normal, due to an automatic choke in all Toyota's since 2004.
I rang my local dealership today and the guy on the phone said the exact same thing.
After awhile you won't even notice it anymore.