Toyota recall, no courtesy car

minkydog

I recieved a letter from Toyota Ireland saying that my Corrolla Verso MM-T (Automatic) might need a new transmission and gearbox.
They gave me a list of Toyota dealers, and to bring it to one of them. I phoned a local toyota dealer (nearest dealer to me since Tom Hogans where I bought the car has closed down) and they said no problem bring it in. I said will you give us a courtesy car while its off the road for a few days, they said no way, get the bus (I kid you not).

Rang Toyota Ireland they said they will not pay for courtesy car. What do I do now? we are only a one car family and can not do without the car for five minutes dont mind 3-4 days.

How long do they say it will be off the road ? - a Few days is not a fair answer to give you. I don't see why it would take more than one day. Obviously as its a recall and they aren't going to make any money out of it, they will do it when they feel like it and do all other jobs including brushing the floor before they get to touch your car. Ask for a definite time and get it in first thing in the morning and you should have it back by the evening.
On the other side - be happy they are doing it would be very costly for you if it went outside of warranty.

just an update , rang head office and they gave me the courtesy car no problem lesson learned ---if you don't ask you don't get!