toyota avensis 1.6 strata 2008

tailgunner

Sorry new poster.fingers + thumbs.

i have been offered an avensis 1.6 petrol stratamodel with 20k miles by a neighbour as first refusal .immaculate condition,he is retiring + downsizing car.Any advice re this model or could i get better for similar money.I do approx 8k miles per annum in and around dublin.He wants €12.000.wont budge .others interested too apparently

You don't say what year the car is. Did you check similar models on http://www.carzone.ie/

You could look for reviews on google.

With fuel getting so expensive these days a 1600 c.c. engine seems heavy for around town. You also mention that he is downsizing maybe because its a petrol guzzler.

I have a 2005 1.8 Avensis and I am happy with it, It has a bit more pull than my last car a 1.4 and runs easier at speed. I get around 45 per Gallon on a run, never uses a drop of oil.

2008 avensis

Thanks Roker .need to make a decision nxt couple days .Taxi man has his eye on it .seller will let me have 1st refusal

+1 to carzone.
my mother had 08 avensis and traded it in for new car 4 weeks ago garage would only give 9500 but they have to factor in their profit for resale.
Have a friend who works in toyota garage too, he told me they havent sold petrol car for 11 mths.

toyota avensis

yeah my bro keeps telling me to go "diesel" but i just dont do the mileage to justify it .herself wants a quashqai 1.5 diesel cos her sister down country has one + loves it.

if you only do 8k a year petrol would be grand would only rec diesal if you doing big milleage

BTWay be careful of Toyota diesels some have problems with head gaskets. go to Toyota Owners site

How do you find 1.6 avensis? I'm looking in to getting one. Whats the MPG?

Back