Towel rails that heat bathroom

M

meltie

I am in the process of building a new house and would like a towel rail in the bathroom instead of a radiator, the plumber is telling me its not possible to get one that would heat the bathroom, is this correct or does anyone know what type I could get that would heat the bathroom.

Thanks

My towel rails do heat the bathroom and en-suite, both rooms are in the small side but the towel rails are the smallest going!

It is possible to get a towel rail to heat your bathroom. You need to make sure your BTUs are right. Take your room measurements to a radiator supplier who will tell you what BTUs you need to heat your room. Then get a towel rail which gives you those BTUs.

We have quite a large bathroom and we could not get a towel rail which would provide sufficient heat alone to heat the bathroom.

Hi Bamhan,

Your plumber is right. Towel rails will only heat smaller bathrooms. They may take the chill out of a larger room but in the middle of winter this will not be enough. To be safe we had a radiator and a heated towel rail fitted. As bathroom floors are usually tiled it makes sense to get this right at this stage. Nothing as bad as a cold bathroom.

Dinging.

Ask someone like Chadwicks to advise as I got a pretty high BTU towel rad for our average size bathroom.

Is it possible to fit a towel rail in a bathroom that has pipes coming from the floor for the rad or do the pipes have to be coming from the wall?

Hi Mobileme,

Yes most if not all heated towel rails can be fitted from pipes coming from the wall or floor. It is the connector that you would use to connect the pipes to the heated towel rail that matters. For a wall application you would need a 90 degree elbow connector for a floor application you can use straight connectors. Sorry do not the actual technical names.

Dinging.

Dinging said:
Hi Mobileme,

Yes most if not all heated towel rails can be fitted from pipes coming from the wall or floor. It is the connector that you would use to connect the pipes to the heated towel rail that matters. For a wall application you would need a 90 degree elbow connector for a floor application you can use straight connectors. Sorry do not the actual technical names.

Dinging.

Thanks Dinging...I knew someone was trying to put me off ;)

Back