Tours available in Egypt

N

needsumhelp

Hiya,
I am planning a inexpensive trip to Egypt in Jan 2007 with budget. I can stay 7 nights in Luxor or do part of the week in Luxor and part on a cruise. Does anyone know the cost of day trips from Luxor to 'valley of the kings' & other places of interest. Also, does anyone know the cost of a trip/tour from Luxor to Cairo? Just wondering which is better value for money. Stay in Luxor & do excursions everyday or do nile cruise. Not been able to find out the prices of day excursions

Trips around luxor like valley of the kings/queens are inexpensive around 30 euro with budget.Cairo is 11 hours by bus so you would have to fly around 200 euro.I wouldnt bother with a nile cruise , you can do a 1 day cruise if you want to Dandara temple. So stay in luxor best value and do your trips from there.Cairo is highly recommended although flight is expensive.We spent our second week in El gouna red sea, bus to Cairo only 5 hours.

I thought the Nile cruise from luxor was excellent value - all the sites including valley of the kings, Karnac etc with an excellent, informed guide- seeing the nile from the boat was spectacular. I booked online with presidential tours. Worth having a look to check the prices yourself. There are a lot of operators.

I went to Egypt this year and really had a great time, we did 1 week in Luxor and 1 week in El Gouna (Red Sea) i personally prefered to do a my trips on a coach it is quicker as i did a trip to Dendara Temple and it was the longest day of my life on a boat as they seem to take them longer coming back.

We did Valley of the Kings and Queens and Hampestut Temple (spelling is probably wrong) all was in a half day trip. Karnak and Luxor Temple is another half day. Their is also night cruises and day trips to Temples.

I would prefer on land as i would get bored on a cruise, let me know if you need any tips etc, If you do not have it booked yet i would really recommend the Movenpick hotel as it was really lovely and big with 2 big pools plenty of restaurants and only a few minutes away from all the hustle and bustle and they have a courtesy bus.

Train from luxor to cairo is about €10 for a seat in 1st class -fully reclinable v. comfortable or about €50 for a sleeper with meals (not very gourmet tho)
Trips to the valley of the kings are anything from a few euro for buses but I think we did a tour for about 10 euros for bus from hotel and guide
Entrance fees were extra to the sites then -some of the cruises sounded a bit ahmm Butlins with organised entertainment etc .We got a sailboat (felucca) from aswan to Luxor and that was fantastic also €10 including food it was great to watch the convoy of boats steaming down the nile @ nite form our small boat .
The cruises only leave on certain days from luxor I think it would be a pity not to sail on the nile but you could book the hotel option which is great value and then book a cruise when you get over there, A felucca at sunset may be all you feel like.

Back