Tours Airport - Male security frisking female passengers.

Eh? I thought it was pretty obvious that I viewed such a fear as being irrational and unreasonable and thus my proposed solution was suitably ludicrous.

Or do you care to address any of the questions I raised regarding why objecting to someone doing their job on the basis of gender is considered ok? Bearing in mind my example of the fact that male gynecologists are considered fine.

The security staff were all male. The customs staff were all male. There wasn't one female in attendance. The passengers were a mix of male and female. From the Tours Airport reply it would appear that Tours Airport broke the rules that someone saw fit to put in place in the first instance.

Sorry, I still don't get it.

From your account, you have absolutely no complaint about the way the security guard went about their job; you and everyone else were treated with the utmost respect and professionalism yet you were still offended enough about their gender to write multiple complaining emails and start a thread here on a public messageboard?

Really why is this reasonable? Is it inapproapriate for a man to be a nursery school teacher or for a woman to be Garda? Is it inappropriate for a trained security guard to pat down someone of the opposite gender? These are professional people doing their jobs.

Your complaining is offensive to be honest. If someone can do the job professionally, then it doesn't matter if they are male, female, black, white or anything else. If you had some other complaint about their behaviour, fair enough, but if the only thing that annoyed you was their gender then I have no respect for that attitude.

Is it inappropriate for a trained security guard to pat down someone of the opposite gender?

Yes it is. It is also against the regulations of the airport concerned (and I'm sure most other airports).

Nevertheless it is not in accordance with the regulation that no female agent was present at the security control on your flight to Dublin and we immediately contacted the security company “ DOGMAN” so this would not happen again.

Yes it is.
Could you explain this for me? Is it inappropriate for a male to be physically restrained by a female garda or for a violent female to be restained by a male garda? Or is this just a rule for lowly staff in European airports handling pompous self-important indignant Irish tourists? When this this rule suddenly appear? I've been frisked at airports by both genders particularly in the US (I'd like to see anyone try sexist objections going through international security in a US airport or with US cops) and don't see what the issue is.

Oh mother of God. Now I know why there's always a queue in airports if this thread is anything to go by. Such a ridiculous issue to have with a ten second security check. Its a wonder the OP gets through her day with all the men falling over themselves to take advantage of her

But what they did was against their own rules. If there is nothing wrong with what they did why did they have a rule about it in the first place.
Not only that, They only had one toilet operational with the second one closed. The mens toilet consisted of one sit down loo only.
There was no airconditioning or window open in the airside terminal. Not one vending machine or shop airside to get a bar of chocolate. Absolutely nothing.
Effectively, sloppy management.

Wait till you visit the airport in Morocco