Tourists say the funniest things

TarfHead

TOURISTS who appear to have left their brains at home have been exposed by stunned travel agents.

Airtours have compiled a list of the worst holiday howlers, including one customer's moan: "We didn't enjoy Rome one bit ... it was full of ruins."

Another was concerned after a safari in Kenya that "the animals were not fenced in".

A holidaymaker stunned travel agency staff by telling them: "I believe you need a visa to visit Egypt - will Mastercard do?"

Another said: "The brochure says no hairdressers in the resort. We are trainee hairdressers - will we be able to go there?"

One wrote:"I'm never flying to Jamaica with Airtours again. It took us nine hours to get here. It only took the Americans three hours."

An amazed worker at an airport check-in desk was asked: "Can I have a window seat please? It's a long journey and I would like some fresh air."

During a quiz night in Egypt, a rep asked holidaymakers: "Which beetle did the ancient Egyptians revere ?" One eager lady put up her hand and said: "I know this. It was John Lennon!"

Airtours marketing director Owen Whitehead said: "We value all comments from our customers, as feedback plays a vital part in developing our holiday services and product range.

"But we sometimes have to smile. These are just a few of the amusing remarks over the years."

Back