Tour of Legal Dublin?

holidayqueen

Hi,
I am heading to the capital to visit the bodies exhibition shortly and I heard on some show on radio about a legal tour of Dublin. It would take you to some court houses and the four courts but I am not sure if it was a one off or not. Does anyone have any information on this. What else could I combine with the bodies exhibition that is worth visiting. I like old buildings history or maybe a walking tour. I will be returning on the evening train 6.30 so it has to be during the day. Thanks again

Re: Legal tour of dublin?

The Legal Walk was a one off - info below from DCC's Walk & Talk Newsletter:

Lets Walk and Talk Newsletter May/June 2009

HIDDEN HISTORY — DUBLIN’S LEGAL QUARTER REVEALED

Dublin’s Legal Quarter has a rich and diverse history, with fascinating stories and stunning architecture to be found in this often less visited part of Dublin. From the spectacular building of the King’s Inns to the original Dublin Georgian Street (Henrietta Street) the legal quarter in Dublin 7 was the scene of many pivotal moments in Irish history. And many of these will be discussed during this event which we’ve organised in partnership with the Courts Service. The 2½ hour walking tour will encompass old and new legal sites of importance, include stop-offs at the ancient Green Street Courthouse and Law Library’s Distillery Building, and culminate in a presentation within the atmospheric Round Hall of the Four Courts, where participants will hear a brief legal history of Ireland from a Senior member of the Judiciary.
Saturday, 23rd May at 12 noon - “Dublin’s Legal Quarter”. Meet at Phoenix House, Phoenix Street North, Smithfield, Dublin 7 (Smithfield LUAS Station nearby)

Sorry can't suggest anything else - perhaps put "things to do in Dublin" into google and see what appears. There is the usual Trinity College, the parks or National Gallery???

Went on the Viking Splash tour last weekend with three kids...Thought it was brilliant fun, interesting, funny, entertaining and great value for money! Departs from St. Stephen's Green and lasts and hour and a half.

Have a look at thishttp://www.walkingtours.ie/ and click on Pat Liddy's walking tours. Got good review on trip adviser.