Tottenham Hotspurs Tickets for BF: no interest in football, best games to go to?

miak

Hi all,

I want to get my BF tickets to a spurs match for his bday in March. I've been on the website and saw that I can get tickets there but my problem now is which match should I buy tickets for!?

I have absolutely no interest in football, could someone please tell me which would be considered the more interesting matches? I'd be hoping to get the tickets for April or May, later if possible but someone told me that the season ends in May.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Re: Tottenham Hotspurs Tickets

Best game would definitely be home to Arsenal 21st April, but you won't get tickets for that

If he's a fan, he'll be happy with home to Blackburn or Reading also. Blackburn are the "bigger" club, but Reading are based near London so a semi-derby match, they're doing well at the moment & have a couple of Irish players.
Last games of the season (Man city) can be a bit funny if there's nothing to play for.

Edit:
There will (may?) also be FA Cup matches and Uefa cup. If they're still in either competition at that stage but tickets & dates won't be known until closer to the dates.

Edit 2:
funny = funny strange, not funny haa haa.

Arsenal at home would definitely be the pick of the bunch but as the previous poster said tickets would be very hard to come by - or laughably expensive from a ticket agency (eg www.worldticketshop.com: E545 for a category 1 ticket ).

Second choice would probably be Chelsea away, also in London (Jurys only up the road), but they wouldn't be easy to get either - you can check their website nearer the date or contact them:

Ticket sales
0870 300 2322

Ticketing enquiries
0870 300 2322 (UK)
00 44 20 7915 2900 (Intl.)
websales@chelseafc.com

Reading and Blackburn (both home) should be easier to get tickets for, Man City less so because it's the last home game of the season - any of those games, though, should be good for a Spurs diehard.

If you have trouble getting tickets for the home games consider the away games (away games always have the best atmosphere for the away supporters) - Charlton might be worth considering. They're also in London, they rarely fill their ground (even for games against fellow London teams) - just follow the Millennium Dome and you're nearly there!

April 2007

01 Sun Home Reading (4 - in order of preference )
07 Sat Away Chelsea (2)
09 Mon Home Blackburn (5)
14 Sat Away Wigan (no!)
21 Sat Home Arsenal (1)
28 Sat Away Middlesbrough (no!)

May 2007

05 Sat Away Charlton (6)
13 Sun Home Man City (3)

Good luck!

Looks like your BF has no interest in football either, seeing as he's a Spurs fan!!!

Looks like your BF has no interest in football either, seeing as he's a Spurs fan!!!

class

You would be lucky to get a ticket for the Arsenal game good few of us going over

Try the spurs supporters club who meet in a telephone box, only messing click on Here

Should be able to pick one up against a weaker team if there is one below them

If hes never been he'll hardly be fussy, even one of the midweek UEFA cup games would be intresting as they get closer to the final.
If he goes to see Spurs v one of the weaker teams heäll at least probably see a few goals and a home win.
If my GF got me tickets for my crowd i wouldnt care if it was against Acrington Stanley, (or even Spurs )

Hi all,

Thanks a mill for all the replies. I think i might go for Reading because of the Irish aspect, he's not a total diehard so not sure the massive money for Arsenal would be worth it.

Thanks also for the above Bushfire, it should make a very appropriate message for his birthday card...

Miak
For your own benefit and to gain extra brownie points, the name of the club is Tottenham Hotspur (no s) or maybe it is your punctuation.

Myself and my current wife went many years ago on my honeymoon - we won 2-0 - and it was as good as you know what and lasts a lot longer too.

Any game will be great at the Lane.

COYS

Hmmm...

Thanks for that coys, it was in fact ignorance and not bad punctuation that made me spell the club's name incorrectly.

Although it sounds like you and your wife really enjoyed your honeymoon, I wouldn't mind if BF brought one of his friends instead! I might go if I got Arsenal tickets, but that would only be for the aesthetic value! Furthermore, any reference to the match being better than "you know what" will ensure that he will never get a similar present! I might make that a condition of the gift....

You could say that for most Irish people who follow football in England

.....but probably not the ones who spend half their salary travelling to England and Scotland to support their teams, rather than just a busfare to Inchicore