Toshiba laptop,would you recommend it?

nad

Hi just wondering if this laptop'' TOSHIBA 1.73GHz intel celeron M530 processor'' would suitable for a teenager who is interested in using it mainly for downloading music and storing music files and social networking? available in PCWORLD at €629.99.

In a word no. We have used Tosiba laptops over the years in work & they have constantly had issues with overheating & batteries dying. Early signs are fans constantly coming on making lots of noise. Usually followed by a battery or hard disk failure.

That's interesting to hear. Which? magazine has consistantly rated Toshibas as the best laptops around for several years. I wouldn't choose a celeron chip though.

I use a Toshiba laptop I bought in PC World last year for €749 and find it excellent. The whole family use it so it gets a fair bit of use all day and there have never been any issues with it. I reckon its the next one up from the one you're looking at. It has a Centrino Duo processor.

Thank's for the replys guy's, Just wondering if anyone would have a recommendation of a laptop in the €600/€700 price range that would be suitable to carry out the fore mentioned task's, other than this toshiba.

I recommend you buy the Toshiba! But DON'T buy it in PC World, for example this
seems to be the same lap-top on Pixmania for €504, plus delivery of €14.90.

But there are also other online stores that offer better prices than PC World.

Pixmania is owned by the Currys/PC World/Dixon group so its just as reputable as buying in the store, but you can save almost €100!

I am on my second Toshiba and I think the quality is excellent. I don't think you can expect to have a lap-top last more than 4 years (and thats if your lucky) and my last Toshiba laptop bought in 2002 although a bit slower than it was is still being used by my younger sister.

Hope that helps!

Back