Torrevieja alicante is it worth a visit?

nad

Hi just wondering if anyone has any information on this area of spain as a sun holiday destination, with some nightlife,

I stayed in a friend's apartment in torrevieja last year, I didn't really like it. It's very built up, all you see for miles is concrete and dust, the place looks quite run down. One thing I did enjoy was an absolutely fabulous vegetaran restaurant down by the strip. None of my group are veggies but we all loved it, we went 3 imes in a week. Apart from there the rest of the restaurants were all burger and chips and english breakfast type places. I was only there for a week but I didn't get a great impression in that time

We stayed in Alicante city at the end of January. It was really a great city with a beautiful marina, promenade for walking, lots of Tapas bars etc. Right beside the marina you can get a tram that runs along the coast for a couple of Euro so you can visit nearby towns on day trips and have the best of both worlds. In the old town of Alicante just behind the marina are lots of late night clubs and bars etc. There is also a very good beach right in the town, again beside the marina. There is good shopping also.

Back