Top Up via ATM

J

josky2

I sent a topup to my nephew via the BOI ATM (other services) to an 087 number but he had moved to 085. The 087 still works. The bank put the transaction through but the top up never arrived. Where do I start?

Are you saying that the 087 number works but somebody else uses it now? If so then I would expect that you will have to write this one down to entering the wrong details and topping up somebody else's phone.

When you switch network, you can 'port' your old number — but when you top up through an ATM, you need to choose the network by name, regardless of whether it's an 085, 086 or 087 prefix. So your top-up should in theory be returned to BoI by Vodafone, since noone can have an account on the Vodafone network with 087-your-nephew's-number. But it may take some time.

The good Dr. is correct here. BOI will have deducted the money from your account and indicated to Vodafone that the particular number needs to be topped up by that aoumt.

Presumably within Vodafone they will have records of what top ups have taken place, and which ones have failed.

So if you have the number of the failed top up, they should be able to confirm this -i.e. top up attempt was made, but failed. It won't have topped up anyone elses phone.