Key Post Top ten suggestions in reviewing your financial affairs

The above was good advice. However is it not true that you have to leave a certain amount in the account when you borrow from the Credit union.
As far as I know it still is and that's why the effective rate charged by CUs on loans is higher than the headline rate that they quote.

Yes, we understand that. That wasn't my point at all.
Sorry, I didn't realise that you were the spokesperson for the whole thread, and I don't see how my comment is off topic with respect to your point. Maybe you can explain how it is on behalf of everybody else?

Sorry, I didn't realise that you were the spokesperson for the whole thread, and I don't see how my comment is off topic with respect to your point. Maybe you can explain how it is on behalf of everybody else?
No need for the sarcasm.
I was simply making the point that in order to get a CU loan you have to leave a certain amount on deposit. It had been suggested that leaving money on deposit for 3% defeated the purpose of getting a loan at 9%. Look at post No 1 and you may understand.

Thanks for that. Were you able to install those fans yourself? And if so was it (reasonably) straightforward?
Like everything in life, it depends.
If the existing fan is wired independently of the lightswitch, then yes, you can just swap it out (it needs a permanent live for continious operation).
You do not need a switched live as the fan has a light sensor that can be used to boost the fan.
If you need to run wires to it, then you need to know what you're doing (or get an electrician).
If your fans are in zone 1 areas in a bathroom then you need an SELV (12V) installation, again depending on your level of knowledge, maybe an electrician).
I you are replacing a long ducting run (which should have a Centrifugal fan installed) then these won't work, being axial fans (max duct length is 1.5 M).
If it's a straight hole-in-wall installation, then you're fine.

Hi Gerard

Very interesting. I tried to do something like this before, but it wasn't perfect, so I didn't finish it. I might give it another go.

It would be something like.

1) If you do not own a house, your first priority is to get the deposit together to buy a house
(If you own a house, jump to the next post.)
2) If you own a house and have a mortgage...
3) If you own a house and are mortgage-free
4) If you do not own a house and are unlikely to ever qualify for a mortgage

Is there a dummies version of this? It looks great but super overwhelming for a working class dude working in Tesco don’t even know where to start. Thanks though!!

I thought that this was an interesting comment. I suspect a lot of people can't follow flow charts.

I wouldn't see the need to change it. It's basic & good.

The 'dummy' version is Start at 0 - go to Purple coloured boxes etc.

Back