Top Soil / New Lawn

Simple Simon

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a couple of tons of good quality topsoil?

I want to replace my front lawn and am thinking of rotavating the whole thing, topping up with some good quality stuff (the current soil is rubbish), and reseeding. Perhaps its the wrong time of year?

It would help if other posters knew what part of country you are based in ! I had to get 4 truck loads recently, but that was for north wexford.
Only seeded a week ago and some signs og germination already, so seems a good time. Having said that, i got it rotavated, and rolled in that recent dry spell. Rain only arrived day after it was finished.

secman

Secman

North Kildare. I probably wouldn't need that much, but at least a couple of tons would do. Any idea of cost?

I also removed loads of top soil recently in Tipperary and just gave it away free to farmers who would take it. some people just want to get rid of it as they will have to bring it to landfill. Best bet is to drive around the area and look out for developments etc

Ya as above - i got mine from the new site next door as they didnt want it. Planted it 6 weeks ago and its growing good just faitly patchy.

Secman

North Kildare. I probably wouldn't need that much, but at least a couple of tons would do. Any idea of cost?
theres a place in newcastle just opp the hospital behind polyhops there called allscape i think that has good stuff

Simon

There's a sign "top soil for sale" at the entrance to the construction site of the new business park on the Maynooth Road in Celbridge - just up past the Salesian College

Sim

Thanks Sim

I'll take a look at the weekend. I'll also need to hire a trailor, or is it just a case of giving the guys on the construction site a few quid to deliver - I only live 15 minutes away from Celbridge. Also, does anyone know what I should be paying for a couple of days' hire of a good rotavator?

Back