Tony Blair on the Late Late

I don't think most people are looking for an intellect or an academic. I think they just don't want to hear people like Tony Blair being asked stupid questions.

A couple of questions that I would have liked to ask for example. Is it true you were actually born in Scotland? Why did you decide to convert to Catholicism? Was there really a meeting between you and Gordon Brown to agree on who would become the next PM?

My Q for TB: What did Saddam Hussein have to do with Sept 11th?

Exactly...so why did they invade again? I know Saddam wasn't an angel but there are many more "just causes" such as Rwanda, Darfur etc that TB could have come to the rescue to

There’s no oil in Rwanda and since the French had hundreds of troops on the ground fighting with the genocidal Hutu army and militias it would have resulted in British and French troops shooting at each other and the last time that happened was 1800 (unless you count Vichy France).

Darfur would turn into a war against China since they are financing the whole thing.

Exactly...so why did they invade again? I know Saddam wasn't an angel but there are many more "just causes" such as Rwanda, Darfur etc that TB could have come to the rescue to

He gave his reasons when he was asked during the interview. That debate is old hat at this stage and those arguements have been trashed out thousands of times.

Tony Blair is a brillant orator and he has all the facts and reasons for his political decisions "off pat" so to speak. Tubridy was poor but Blair would be comfortable with Kennys questions as well.
The simple fact is that the UK is in steplock with the US and Blair will have the justification for participating in any US action no matter how sceptical the public is for the actual reasons. The decision to invade was made first. Then the justification for it is sought after .
The only person who could interview him properly is George Galloway....however I doubt if Blair would allow himself to be interviewed by GG.
Blair was the most brilliant politician of his generation. He was lucky like Bertie in getting out before the financial crisis and handing the baton to Browne.
He was brillant at selling the message ,even as that message changed.

I think Tubridy is smart, quick, can be witty etc and seems to be well enough informed, but I don't really see him as an academic or intellectual as such.

In fairness, his background was in making tea for Gerry Ryan whilst trying to create an "in" for himself.

I bet she's bleedin' filthy as well ...

Oh, you need help Caveat.

The only person who could interview him properly is George Galloway....however I doubt if Blair would allow himself to be interviewed by GG.
Galloway is a clown of the highest order. He's a sanctimonious hypocrite and the sycophant of a mass murderer.

Galloway is a clown of the highest order. He's a sanctimonious hypocrite and the sycophant of a mass murderer.

Galloway is a brilliant debater. That is why they give him as little air time as possible despite the fact that he is the leader of the anti war coalition.He cut the silly editor of Mcgill down to size and he would have cut through Blairs glib but plausible answers.
Blair was with Bush directly responsible for more than a million deaths in Iraq. That is a fact.I am not saying whether this is right or wrong, but it is a fact.
I presume that you mean that Galloway was a sycophant of that mass murderer Saddam , but that is an absolute lie.
That accusation was made because Galloway visited Iraq and talked to Saddam, but then so did Cheney who sold weapons and chemicals to Iraq which were used to kill kurds and invade Iran.
The fact is Galloway was protesting outside the British houses of parliament against Saddam and his regime as the americans and the british were selling him weapons to kill his opponents. Remember that when Saddam was the wests best friend.
I grant you that galloway shares one talent with our own politicians...he can be a clown.

I think he's been asked that once or twice before.

Usually he's been asked about why did they invade Iraq, which he replies by going into how Saddamm attacked his own people and the Kurds with chemical weapons etc. Can't say I've heard him answer what he believes was Saddamm's involvement in Sept 11th?