Tonight with Vincent Browne

Westie123

Have just watched VB and I would think that anyone who saw it is in a state of shock. The panellists estimate that our debt total is in the region of 340-350 Billion euro!!!!

They reckon that we have no option but to default now. This shower of gombeens have to be put out of power now, even if it means the citizens of this country being battered off the streets by gardai and the army if we protest.

Here is the link to the thread on politics.ie [broken link removed]

Up to now I was really angry, but I am scared you know what at this stage.:eek:

Vincent Browne must be having the time of his life now.

Every muppet on the street is idolising him !

Edit: just reading that thread on p.ie makes my head hurt. What a bunch of loons.

But Ireland would have been in a lot of debt even before 2008.

I think sensationalist journalism is winning the airwaves these days. There is a lot of economists and experts around who think that we will recover well from this, but perhaps they don't shout as loud.

Don't forget, every country is in massive debt levels like these.

I didn't see it but I believe Brian Lucy was on it. Enough said as far as I am concerned.

I wonder if I defaulted on my losses with Delta Index would Paul Sommerville be ok with that? If its good enough for Ireland........
As of last night I have changed my listening habits to Lyric FM. There is no bad news on that station, no Vincent Browne, no Paul Sommerville, no Brian Lucey. Just calm.....

On Prime Time to-night Colm McCarthy dismissed what was said on the Vincent Browne programme as totally wrong. He said the panel were doubling figures incorrectly.

On Prime Time to-night Colm McCarthy dismissed what was said on the Vincent Browne programme as totally wrong. He said the panel were doubling figures incorrectly.

I would tend to treat what Colm McCarthy says with a lot more respect than those gombeens on VB. I thought Michael Noonan came across very well on Prime Time last night as well - I think until the General Election is over we still won't know what this 4 year plan will look like as I'm pretty sure Fine Gael will change a number of things in the proposal drafted yesterday.

I never usually watch the show but given the week that was in it I have seen it a couple of times this week.

I wasn't impressed with it last night. I thought his interogation of Pat Carey was poor. He made personel comments about how much his salary was and asked him why he did not get a taxi home after the show. When Carey replied he would get a taxi the next time, VB was sniggering that he might have to as he would not be a minister the next time he was on.
I've no problem members of the government getting a grilling, but I just felt there was something distasteful about VB's approach.

it was scary viewing allright....interest repayments of 14-18bn!!!
But I have to say that Somerville has for months now being calling the mess with the banks correctly so I was in a state of shock Tuesday night after watching the show and listening to what he said

They double counted the IMF money.

Not one of them realised it. They even did the computation a couple of times.

Vincent Browne must be having the time of his life now.

Every muppet on the street is idolising him !

Edit: just reading that thread on p.ie makes my head hurt. What a bunch of loons.

Haha I often think alot of AMMers are deluded loons in denials..i suppose its all subjective in the end.....

Back