Toner Refills

runner

I know there are cartridge refill services here (in Dublin) but are relatively expensive. came across (google) U Refill in UK where you can purchase a DIY kit for 12.95stg. Its for a Samsung ML 1500 laser printer.
Does any company sell such products here, or has anyone bought this DIY kit from this company?

Not sure there, that's probably a good source unless you buy from ebay. If you do find one before me, please let me know. I'll be looking for one myself in the near future.

Used the DIY kits before and they're a bit messy to be honest. Better off going to CartridgeWorld etc for refills IMO

Yes, probably and cartridgeworld basically do the same thing but their charges are over the top IMHO. That's why I was thinking DIY version. Thanks for feedback.

I recently got a laser one refilled by cartridge world.
I had to print 3,000 pages for a flyer.
The refill one did 425 pages exactly.It cost €60.So that was 14 cent a page.
I then got a remanufactured one on Georges quay in Cork city that did the remaining 2575 pages.This cost €65.That is a price of 2.5 cent per page and the thing isnt empty yet.I think refilling is a rip off of extreme proportions.

Do the likes of Cartridge World offer any sort of guarantee in relation to performance of such refills? Did you go back and complain to them about this?

Thanks for the info Diddles. I'll keep my eyes peeled for rip-offs.

This is an old thread so I'm wondering if the refills have improved in the last few years. How do they compare now?

I'm spending a fortune on cartridges and toners from stationary companies. There are a lot of refill companies out there now. Are they any better? They are so much cheaper. We recently had a problem in work with one of our fax machines and when I phoned the manufacturer they asked if we'd been using refills. Maybe its scaremongering or maybe not.
Any recommendations on whether or not to use them would be appreciated.

Thanks

I also had the same problem with Cartridge World - refilled cartridges would last far less time with a similar amount of usage. In the end I went back to high capacity original cartridges and was far better off. The higher cost was worth it and IMO Cartridge World were not that cheap anyway - approx 30% less than the original but definitely cost more in the long run.

The crowd that I got quotes from recently were considerably cheaper. We buy particular colour cartridges from a main stationary company for €187. This crowd were quoting about €100. Big difference. Our fax toners cost €67 but they can do tehm for €35.

So, its not worth it it seems. No point paying half if you'e only getting half the print capacity.

For work, we buy cartridges from an office supply company in Longford. Used to use Cartridge World that was based in Athlone but they didn't last as long at all. Tried DIY refills and they were very messy and again not as good quality.

Have you tried buying branded ones online?