tolltag.ie (parkmagic) - card processing fee for online top-up

gipimann

I'm an infrequent toll road user, so I got one of the tolltag.ie (now called parkmagic.net) toll tags and I top it up 3-4 times per year.

I topped up my account by €10 today, but noticed that my balance only increased by €9.

On checking the transaction list, I saw a "card processing fee" of €1 had been deducted.

This fee wasn't in place last time I topped up in March. I use a Visa Debit card to top-up, although the parkmagic transaction list describes it as a Credit card.

I've mailed parkmagic to ask for some information (couldn't find anything on the website), but thought I'd ask here if anyone heard about the introduction of this charge?

Edit: I googled and found a thread over on politics.ie [broken link removed]

Like the politics.ie poster, I wasn't advised of any changes to the terms and conditions.

Tolltag

Like the OP I'm an infrequent user but I did get a text message on the 24/5/11 to direct me to a web page and which stated that the change would happen on the 7/6/11

Hope this helps

Westgolf

Thanks westgolf - you're the first person I've heard of who was notified in advance of the change.

I did get an email/text (can't remember which one, I did not keep it) from Tolltag notify me of the charges by using a credit card a while back