Toll payment -time allowed to pay

Z

z104

The toll company insists that you pay the toll by 8pm the following evening.

Does the legislation regarding payment of tolls stipulate that you pay by 8 pm the following evening or is 8pm a time set by the company?

If it's in the legislation that you pay by 8pm then fine but if it's a time set by the company then I don't think they should be able to fine you as long as you pay within a reasonable time of passing the toll bridge( say 1 week)

Well, we went through the toll bridge in late Nov, and back the same day (within hours) and 1 week later got a charge in the post for 3euro, so I went online and paid that charge and the charge for the return journey which was there too, so I paid 6euro.
A few weeks later I went through again, this time I was going to the airport and would not be returning for 1 week. When I returned, there was a letter stating that I owed them 3euro and a penalty charge for 3euro.
So I went online again, only this time there was only the charge for my going up to the airport, not my return journey. I challenged the charge, paid the 6euro that I rightly owed, and a few days later, got a letter to say everything was ok.
They are not consistant, but I think a lot of it is computer generated.