toddler backpack carrier?

clownie

Hi

We are going on holidays to Switzerland. For 4 days we are staying in the mountains (1000m) and hope to go by cable cars to another mountain (3000m) I have 3 kids who will be 7, 4 (on holidays) and 23 month old. I am wondering if we should get a carrier for the 23 month old. He is 12.2 kg. We don't plan to do any hiking as don't think it will be possible we the 3 kids but would like to go for some some gentle strolls. Also I can't really imagine getting into cable cars etc with a buggy? Has anyone else been on a similar holiday? did you get a carrier? Also I would be grateful for recommendations for best carrier and where to buy. Thanks for any help!

I saw someone once with a toddler backpack that converted into a buggy. I didn't manage to ask them where they got it, but it did seem very handy. I tried doing a web search , but didn't find anything (probably using the wrong terms). It sounds like it's what you want, if you can source it.

I have a Phil and Ted Metro Carrier, I find it great. Brought it skiing there last month with DS in, was able to get into the bubble cars and lifts but not the chair lifts. Bought it on the net, delivered to the door. Use it a good bit now when going to football matches to keep himself quiet.

I thought about this for my holiday too - had a look on Ebay for Germany, Chicco do this one "CHICCO Babytrage Kindertrage Rückentrage + SONNENSCHUTZ" it might be what you are looking for. I opted for a light fabric sling to use as a hip carrier and a very light umbrella folding buggy instead.

Be careful with young children at high altitudes, I think it's not recommended.