to repair scratched DVD's

homebird

I have about 5 DVD's, belonging to my children, which have been scratched. Is there any way to repair them? Somebody suggested toothpaste (!) - I don't want to damage my DVD player. (It cost 60 euro in Dunnes - maybe this is my problem???)

I have about 5 DVD's, belonging to my children, which have been scratched. Is there any way to repair them? Somebody suggested toothpaste (!) - I don't want to damage my DVD player. (It cost 60 euro in Dunnes - maybe this is my problem???)

you can buy a dvd (or cd ) repairer in maplins. I even think dunnes may do one. It would be unlikely it is your dvd player that is a fault but you can also buy a lens cleaner to clean the laser heads in the player I dont think toothe paste would be good I have restored computer dvds by using a soft cloth for cleaning glasses eye glasses that is and a very small amount of peek metal polish be sure to leave no residue behind

You can get a scratch repair kit from most music shops, the best one I have come across is an Allsop Scratch repair kit, it has several repair options. Although DVD scratches can be repaired, it will depend on the severity of the scratch. As dvds have 2 layers for storing the data, it is only the top layer that can be repaired. Good luck with your hunt