To buy imported car or not ?

tech3

Hi ,
would anyone be familiar with someone from kildare who buys cars from uk ,imports them, pays the vrt and delivers to your door .
Thinking of using this service,I've been emailing this guy but very afraid to take the plunge...
(I have researched this and it has been covered on this forum before but the seller was from sligo and it turned out ok ,I think)

Why dont you cut out the middle man , go and get the car yourself and save money on buying a car in the uk.

I hear what your saying finbar (I can't seem to find a car of the same year and condition for the price that he is quoting ) however this guy is allowing me to trade my old car plus he seems to be doing a great deal as well ...will I or wont I ??
I would just like to be assured that it's all above board and should I decide to go ahead I will do all the checks on the car but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has used this service

If you really think you want to buy this car get all the info from th dealer i.e. chassis no. Reg milage etc, then get the checks done the HPI costs about 30euro then find out where the car is and get the full through mechanical check done by the AA or similar costs about 250euro if they both say its ok and there is nothing doggy then you can finally check that the chassis no./VIN no on the car matches that on the V5/Log book if all that tally you should have a regimental car. But do not buy the car if you think its a doge because it very well maybe sellers only want rid as nice as the car may seem

J

I wouldn't be happy with an unknown person buying a car for me.

Suppose he saw a car for say STG£10k, haggled it down to STG£9k, and told you he bought it for STG£9.5k?

It's wide open.

Ive heard good things about cargiant in the uk but a quick autotrader search and a pop over is what friends of mine have done

Suppose he saw a car for say STG£10k, haggled it down to STG£9k, and told you he bought it for STG£9.5k?

I don't seen much difference between this and Irish car dealers & their trade-ins.

If buyer is happy with £10k for the car, the rest should not matter?