TK Maxx

Aimee

hi all,

just wondering about TK Maxx, have never been but willing to make a trip if it would be worth my while!

I am sourcing bed linen, lamps, rugs etc etc

The Limerick store would be closest to me!

Can anyone recommend TK Maxx ?? What is the quality like and what type of stuff do they stock? Is Limerick store a good store??

Thanks in adv for any info :)

Only been to one in Ireland - St Stephens Green in Dublin, and it was very disappointing.Poorly stocked, almost empty in fact, store wasn't appealing at all.

The one in Glasgow, however, is outstanding. Large selection of top-brand clothes, soft furnishings,etc. VERY attractive prices. No frills, without being as basic as Aldi kind of thing.

I visited the Dublin one a few years ago now, maybe it hadn't been open long or something - hopefully they've improved in Ireland in general.

Very popular stores in the UK. Worth a try anyway.

I go to TK Maxx in Swords. I bought towels, cutlery, glassware. I find them excellent value as the quality tends to be very good. However, you may have difficulty co-ordinating items, e.g. sheets with duvet. You may also need to visit a number of times to find something of interest to you. On one visit I saw a pair of lamps I really liked and made the mistake of not buying them there and then as I have been back several times since and did not see anything I liked.

There are also stores in Drogheda and Newry - both a bit disorganised and erratically stocked but there are certainly bargains to be had in both clothes and linen/homeware. Newry seems to be considerably better stocked than Drogheda.

Seems there may be a bit of inconsistency alright so it's maybe just pot luck with the Limerick store.

Hi Aimee,
I've been to the Limerick store.You will need to give yourself plenty of time to look as sometimes things are disorganised but not as much so as in Stephens Green.Prices and quality are good but as another poster said,it may be difficult to find co-ordinating stuff.I would imagine that also,at this time of year,a lot of space will be taken up with Christmas stuff and so the range will not be as good as at another time.

I visited the Limerick store about a year ago. Its a good size and the layout is more organised than the one in St Stephens Green. Whether or not its worth a visit depends on how far you have to travel to reach it. If you are someone who enjoys shopping in sales, has time and doesn't mind rummaging around you may or may not pick up some bargains. I think an opinion of it depends mainly on what stock is in the shop on the day you visit it.

Last edited:
hi all,

just wondering about TK Maxx, have never been but willing to make a trip if it would be worth my while!

Thanks in adv for any info :)
Its a great place to have a browse if you have a few hours to spare as any of the ones ive been in seems to take me that long to look through everything!

I go to TK Maxx in Swords. I bought towels, cutlery, glassware. I find them excellent value as the quality tends to be very good. However, you may have difficulty co-ordinating items, e.g. sheets with duvet. .

You can get some great bargains, but as olddoll says,you mightnt necessarily be able to match things up. I got some great French Connection end of line duvet covers etc for half the normal shop prices, but had to put different pillow case covers with them as they didnt have the matching ones. It is a super place for finding good quality household items like lamps, crockery etc. They had some lovely Le Creuset (sp?) stuff for a fraction of normal shop prices!Skip the clothes sections as it takes ages to browse that section imo!

We have four branches within 15 miles of our home in the English Midlands.

Great quality stuff including bedding, cutlery, Denby crockery, silicone baking kit and the Le Creuset stuff mentioned by Swordshead.
As noted by just about everyone, if you see something you like then buy it, as it's a racing cert that it won't be there the next time you visit!

Thanks a mill guys, trip would take me about 1 1/2 hr, I will def head there to check it out!

Thanks again for that!

One last quick question - while I am in the area ;) might as well make good use of time - are there any other places in Limerick of interest?? i.e. interior shops etc ??????

Dont know what direction you are travelling from but there is quite a large TK Maxx in Tralee too.

There's a new TK Maxx opening in Kilkenny today in the new McDonagh Junction Shopping centre

There's a new TK Maxx opening in Kilkenny today in the new McDonagh Junction Shopping centre

Ideal!!! Thank you NHG, will be in kilkenny in a couple of weeks for weekend!

nice one :)

thanks again to everyone!!

Depending on your shopping preferences, it can be a nightmare or a trip around Aladdin's Cave - for me its the latter as I love having a browse and picking up a bargain or something unusual.

Hi Aimee, if in kilkenny and you get a chance you should also check out meubles in John Street (near Langtons) for fab bed linen and Allens on High Street (near Paris Texas) for both bed linen, lamps etc.

Back