Title and land registry for remortgaging with the same lender

Diego

We're in the final stages of remortgaging with PTSB to carry out an extension. Our existing loan is with PTSB and will be paid off as soon as the first stage payment is drawn down. I've nominated a solicitors and the loan pack should be going to them today. I've just spoken to them and they've advised that once they receive the pack, they'll get us to come in and sign for the loan but they will also want us to sign a letter to the lender giving our premission for them to request the title information. Surely this isn't necessary when this aspect was all covered off when we took the first loan and we're neither moving property or lender. Is this normal or is it a way for the solicitor to increase their fees? I was expecting a nominal fee and a quick appointment to sign, without having to worry about searches and land registry coming into it. Are there solicitors out there who will just sign and be done with it? We're already well into the build and I can't delay the first stage payment any longer.

"Are there solicitors out there who will just sign and be done with it? We're already well into the build and I can't delay the first stage payment any longer."

Aaaah, thats lovely. Don't waste time with solicitors - just tell PTSB to give you the money and stop messing around with all of this legal broohoo. Jeeeez, anyone would think they wanted security for lending you the money. What next? Expecting borrowers to pay loans back? It will never catch on.

mf

How does the solictor know that you have not picked up a stack of judgement mortgages or changed the building without PP?

PTSB want to be sure they have a good title before parting with any money.