Tir Cluain, Midleton

meular

Anyone bought in phase 1 of this development? just wondering if this is a good area to live, seems to be quite a large development - all comments welcome

i went out and walked round this town at the weekend. it did strike me that it is the up and coming place as there was
1. Serious Traffic Congestion,
2. Lots of new estates.
3. estate agents window add's were very pricey.
4. There were a lot of restaurants about and it reminded me of Douglas (near Rochestown) - loads of great places to eat, to me its a sign that the folks have a lot of cash to spend on a weekend
That said, if were buying again it would be in C'line or Passage - Midleton is just over prices for what you get in my opinion.
I used to live in Midleton and feel that it was always a wealthy little town with a decent sized population and a lot of "keeping up with the Jones" and I can see how the influx of people coming in will put a strain in services etc - I mean there is about 1000 in the secondary girls school now, will there be camping outside in the future just like Swords? who knows?

hi.
i was in Midleton yesterday and have the brochure for Tir Cluain.
the prices are a bit cheeky but that's the builder and as the phases go up so will the prices.
I spke with teh auctioneer in Maurice Ahern proprtyteam and found her very helpful

it looks like it will be a nice estate and it does back onto a golf course but the road out of the estate has a bridge on it,they are putiing in a new one at the moment .from there the entrance is onto the main midleton to Fermoy road.i don't know how busy it is but there were a fair few cars yesterday.

if you did buy in phase 1 or even 2.. your house price will have gone up by the time the estate is finished.the builder will be upping the prices with each phase as he ormally does so as an investment it may be good if you have the time and cash.

Midleton as a whole has all the usual tesco,mac donalds ,lidl etc and seems to be very popular with first time buyers but i wonder what will happen in 5 or 6 years with regards to schools and facilities for the younger kids (they can't all fit into macca's on a saturday afternoon)

www.tircluain.ie
good luck with it anyways

Back