Tips to clean ceramic hob?

shesells

Buying a ceramic hob was the biggest mistake I ever made. It just never looks clean. Most cleaners seem to leave a residue or don't clean properly.

Any recommendations?

You could try having a look .

I just use CIF and a wet cloth but I would not be 100% happy with the streaks left. If you were to polish off with a dry cloth also the end result might be better.

I use a ceramic hob cleaner that is available is a lot of supermarkets - Punch - with a non-scratch scrubbie, hot cloth to wipe off residue and buff with kitchen roll - my cooker is 3yrs old and with the exception of one scratch (when I didn't use a non-scratch scrubbie:eek: ) it looks as good as new.

There is a product called 'Hob Brite' which is a cream hob cleaner with conditioner. Wipe dry with kitchen towel and its as good as new!

Have tried all of the above and to me the hob is either not 100% clean or streaky.

Agree with ACA & JRE - Punch is the job, but you must be careful not to use too much - a tiny amount does it - but you also have to follow the instructions carefully for best results

Try drying it off with a dry micro fibre cloth once you have cleaned it.

The stuff I was using was crap. Switched to 'Hobrite' (comes in a bright orange bottle) and it does a great job by comparison.

Would also recommend hobrite. You have to use it 'dry' i.e. don't wet the hob first - apply the hobrite directly onto the area on the hob and rub gently with cloth. The rinse off with water and buff with kitchen roll. I've been using it for years

D

Back