Tips on cleaning patio/paths + brick wall

Madangan

Hi,
Can anyone suggest the best way to clean a sad and sorry looking patio and pathway? Its an old patio 30 years old. large square concrete slabs. No major problem with weeds just looks very dull and dirty. I was going to take it up and replace with nice modern paving but money re prioritised so looking for ideas.

Also have a part old brick(red/yellow),part concrete block wall.Was hoping to clean up brick part and paint concrete part( some type of exterior long lasting paint). The brick wall has some moss, some bits of cement and gone quite dark in parts also bits may need repointing. Any ideas as to how to clean up the brickwork without damaging it and suggestions at type of paint would be gratefully appreciated.

Hope to do most of this myself and as am a small somewhat diy challenged female I'm looking for guidance:eek:

A power hose? We borrowed one once and found it so good we bought one. Does our patio, paths, walls, driveway and cars. Great fun to use too :)

my new neighbour hoovered her driveway it was the maddest thing i've ever seen! but don't think that'll work for you :) think treetiger is right, power washing sounds like the best idea lidl/aldi/argos might have a small one?

Thanks guys! Hopefully I wont knock the wall in the process:eek: :D

Any ideas on the best type of paint?

Back