Timing of regular Anglo Irish Contributions

Don_08

I'm just a bit confused as to the timing of the regular Anglo Irish contributions.

We opened an account last month on 16 Sep and the first payment went in on 30 Sep. The man I opened the account with, said that the max contribution could be made every month - i.e. the next one could be made between 16 Oct and 16 Nov. However, from some comments on this site, it looks like the understanding is once every calender month.

Can anyone clarify?

Could we put in €2k today, and then €2k on 1 Nov?

Every calendar month. You can put in €2K this month and €2K next month if it is a joint account. You can make as many lodgements in a month as you like as long as you don't breach the relevant monthly limit. If you do then the account could be closed although I think that they actually just move the excess to some other account or something like that. T&Cs should clarify all of these issues.

Does anyone know if anglo irish bank are a secure place for savings given the recent reports?

They did sign up to the Government's guarantee scheme so all monies on deposit with Angli Irish Bank are guaranteed without limit by the Irish Government.

Which reports do you mean?

They did sign up to the Government's guarantee scheme so all monies on deposit with Angli Irish Bank are guaranteed without limit by the Irish Government.

Which reports do you mean?

Even from reading some of the theads on AAM, there are some speculating the Anglo Irish is the likeliest Irish bank to go under. I have been strongly thinking about removing €19,500 from their 5.5% Premium Demand account and moving it to my RaboDirect 4.3% deposit account. I assume Rabo is still the safest place for Irish deposits?

I know Anglo deposits are now government backed but I don't know how messy it could be to get my money back if Anglo were to go under. Has anybody else withdrawn from Anglo? I am not encouraging a run on the bank but I just want to make sure my money is in the safest place possible.

Back