Timing Belt for Alfa Romeo

I get my 147 serviced by Gerry Campbell in Smithfield. See this thread for contact details.

I reckon you are looking at €500 or so for a timing belt replacement.

A full service costs €200+ if can recall what I pay correctly.

156 & 147- its recommended that an inspection is carried out on the 3rd service (36K miles). if there are possible signs of wear then the mechanic or service advisor should recommend a change. Alfa have been know to contribute towards broken timing belts at 36k miles. costs a rotten lot to repair once broken. your looking at the bones of 2 - 2500k.

a complete service is charged around €250 in cork that is anyway... Alfa garage in cork charges 65.00 an hour

Oh and its not just timing belts that need changing. Variators too?

depends on what mileage you have will depend on the service costs but add €500 from Gerry for timing belt, etc and prob about €800 from a dealer

got it done yesterday evening... timing belt, full service etc for 680 - however i wasn't told when the timing belt will need to be changed again,

got it done yesterday evening... timing belt, full service etc for 680 - however i wasn't told when the timing belt will need to be changed again,

Who did you get to do the service?
Did you ask them when the timing belt would need to be done again?
How many miles are on the car at the moment?

Thats a good price....

Get it done again in about 3-4yrs or 40k miles which ever comes first.

What size is your engine? I'm guessing the 1.6 as I think that one doesn't need one of the tensioners

Try [broken link removed] for some advice in this regard. I would have thought that whoever serviced the car would be able to tell you as well (as long as you trust them).

Back