Timing belt cost for 99 Corolla please

yellowroses

Hi,
I am currently selling my 99 corolla. Just had a guy look at it & he is a mechanic. He told me the car needs a new timing belt which would cost around 450 euro. I have no clue how much this would cost but even i feel this sounds a bit much. I paid nearly 4000 for the car last year & advertised it for 2300 but told him id drop to 2k min, he wants another 250 off that agin which i am refusing. Anyway can anyone tell me what a new timing belt would cost? Its an automatic too btw, not sure if that matters. Thanks

I got a 98 corolla timing belt done with main dealer about 3 years ago for around €180 - €200.

Seems a bit pricey to me. Shop around.

Check here for an idea of the cost of such.

Have look at this:

In this section you will find Toyota Timing Belt Kits. Please note that all our Toyota Timing Belt Kits are brand new, we will deliver these Toyota Timing Belt Kits nationwide within 2 working days. Please follow the links below to select the correct fit for your car.

Or you could just phone your local auto or motor factor

thanks for the replies. cat101 that link was great. gave me a quote for 155 euro. The guy who called to see the car also happens to be a mechanic so i think he was trying to pull a fast one to get me to sell it to him cheaper. Wont be budging on my asking price now! Thanks again