Timing belt change?

PatrickSmithUS

Does anyone know at what mileage on a Ford Mondeo 2015 Titanium Diesel 2.0 should be changed?

I have one on 53,000 miles now but can't find the recommendation in the manual.

Jazz01

Frequent Poster
Personally, I would get it changed at around the 80K mile mark, and as @Chelseablue said, definitely get the water pump changed at that time too.

Is the car regularly serviced? If so, they should also be checking the belts at each service and should be recommending what needs to be changed and when.

Factor in the cost for that time - the Mondeo Diesel is expensive in relation to the timing belt replacement - for the older model mondeo, I think I paid (main dealer) over €850 for it...

Laughahalla

Frequent Poster
Ford are usually 160,000 km before you need to change a timing belt.
That particular Mondeo is even higher I believe or every 10 years whichever is first.

SparkRite

Frequent Poster
I have one on 53,000 miles now but can't find the recommendation in the manual.
The problem with asking on a forum is in getting different answers , as the above will attest to.

Why not try here, Ford Mondeo , as a starting point and I bet you will still get differing answers, but at least you can narrow it down to exact model as they do have different criteria.
I have lost faith in calling Main dealers for this sort of info. as I have found, over the years, that at times it appears to depend on who you get to talk to.